Photo Credit: Jarek Lucek 2017.
We enjoy having a full choir loft and we’d love to have you be a part of one or more of our choirs to sing in our beautiful church! Our Masses are led by our beautiful Kleuker tracker pipe organ and our Kawai piano. Information about our Kleuker can be found HERE
Read about our choral opportunities below:
11:00 Parish Choir (Pictured) This choir sings the hymns in four parts and presents an anthem of varied style each weekend. The parish choir has been privileged to sing some of the finest choral music from the great masters of the Renaissance to the present day. A few examples are: Bach, Biebl, Bruckner, Franck, Gjeilo, di Lasso, Lauridsen, Mendelssohn, Palestrina, Pitoni, Tallis, Victoria, and Vierne.
We are always in search of dedicated people who love to sing. The ability to read music is not necessary. Be a part of learning the great treasury of Catholic sacred music that spans the centuries. Help us make the Mass beautiful, for God deserves nothing less.
- Sings at the 11:00 am Mass
- Rehearses at 7:00 pm till 8:40 on Wednesday evenings
- Breaks for the summer after Pentecost Sunday
- Rehearsals resume the Wednesday after Labor Day
- Sings for Midnight Mass, Holy Week and other liturgical functions of the Church
OLG Singers Children’s Choir: In development, stay tuned! Tentative starting time of Summer/Fall of 2018.
Cantors – The Cantors help lead the congregation in song when a choir is not present. Their primary function is to sing the Responsorial Psalm, Gospel Acclamation verse, and lead sung responses. The Cantors are also great teachers when the congregation has to learn new hymns or sung parts of the Mass Ordinary. Reading music is a plus, but not required.
- Schedule is tailored to your availability (Cantors usually sing 2-3 times per month.)
- 30 minute rehearsal prior to your assigned Mass time
- Additional rehearsal and coaching time with Andrew as needed and desired
- Recordings provided as needed
Those interested in being a part of our choir or being a cantor should fill out the interest form below. Our Director of Music, Andrew O’Connor, will contact you shortly.